Annual leave is available to regular full and part-time employees. It starts accruing from date of hire. Regular employees earn & accrue annual leave each pay period with the following accrual rates, based on employee’s length of service:
- 0 - 3 years of service = accrue 5%, or 4 hours every 2 weeks (13 days per year)
- 3 - 15 years of service = accrue 7.5%, or 6 hours every 2 weeks (20 days per year)
- Over 15 years of service = accrue 10%, or 8 hours every 2 weeks (26 days per year)
Employees can carry over up to 240 hours to the next leave year.
Sick leave starts accruing from day one of employment. The accrual rate is always 5% of hours worked, or 13 days per year, regardless of the employee's total length of service.
There is no limit on the amount of sick leave that an employee may accumulate and carry over from one leave year to the next.
There are 11 national paid holidays:
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King's Birthday
- President's Day
- Memorial Day
- Juneteenth Independence Day
- Independance day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day